Saturday, April 13, 2013

Prom

Today is our school's prom so what better excuse for a walk down memory lane! 

When I was a sophomore, I got asked to go to prom by a senior.  My friends got to go too so it was fun.  I think the prom was in the HS gym, the meal was in the cafeteria, and after-prom was at the parish center.  By far, my favorite parts of prom were always dress shopping and getting my hair done!
 My junior prom was very interesting.  My date was a friend from my class.  There was a girl from a nearby town that showed up to prom looking for him.  From what I remember, they had to have the cop show up to the high school so she would leave.  Again, prom was in the HS gym and the meal was in the cafeteria.  The food was bad and so was the music.  It was not very much fun.  After prom was out at a conference center and it was loads of fun! 
 My senior prom was a crazy adventure!  My date was another friend from my class.  Long story short, he got suspended right before prom so he could not go.  At the time I was DEVASTATED!  There was only one other girl who did not have a date for prom.  He could not get a refund on his tux so he still picked me up and took me to church and to prom.  Prom and the meal were in the grade school gym and after-prom was at the parish center.  We met up again later after after-prom and got some breakfast.  Despite having no date, prom and after-prom were fun.  We learned how to sqaure dance.  My dad was my partner. 

I wish I could have a prom redo now that I have found the perfect date!  Oh what fun Brett and I would have.

 At Brett's school they went to prom all 4 years of high school.  With the addition of some out of town proms, he has been to 7 proms in all!  These are his prom pictures I could round up at our house.





No comments:

Post a Comment