The Dodge Ram commerical featuring audio of Paul Harvey's "So God Made a Farmer" speech was my favorite one aired during the Super Bowl. I am so proud to say that 5 generations of my family have been farming this land.
Here is a very brief history of the farm. Mathias came over from Luxembourg (with his brother Nicholas) and settled right here and started to farm the land. His son, Nicholas J, took over the farm. It was then passed down to my grandfather, Nicholas M., who then passed it down to my dad and uncle (who is Nicolas R.). Currently, Brett and my cousin, Nicholas D., are also working on the farm. I think it is amazing that 5 generations of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into the soil. The area has seen a lot of changes in farming practices. I am so thankful for modern day farming equiupment and can't imagine the amount of work it took to run the farm a century ago! I even took a turn working on the farm but don't seem to do a whole lot out there now.
+


No comments:
Post a Comment