Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Real Life

A twin mom with adult kids reminded me to take time to journal what is happening now. While I blog frequently, I usually skip over the details that make this new life do crazy. Here is real life:

We go to bed around 10 each night. Brett takes the first shift with the babies. He sleeps on the living room floor. Audrey gets up at around 11 and/or 1 to eat and often wakes several other times.  Brett switches me around 4 when she wakes to eat again. Usually I feed her and then Ellie wakes to eat. I sleep on the couch until they wake up again. Someone is usually up again around 5 or 6. Tate has been waking up screaming in the middle of the night too. I rarely get to go back to sleep. It seems like just when I get the babies back to sleep then Tate is up. I am really sad and stressed on the days that I have all three kids. The babies rarely stay asleep and take decent naps so I pretty much spend my time getting them back to sleep, pedaling out gas, or feeding them. I think I pretty much spend most of my day putting babies back to sleep. Tate usually gets frustrated that I have to stop what we are doing or can't play with him at all and ends up crying.  The girls hate their car seats and usually both scream when we go anywhere in the car so I don't like to go places either. I have the stroller that holds both car seats but it is pretty much worthless since the babies won't stay quiet in it. The babies eat at the same time for most of their feeds during the day. Audrey still cries when she eats. I lay them each on a propped up boppy on the floor to feed them and burp them one at a time. When Audrey starts to cry, I throw her on my legs and pat her so I can continue to feed Ellie. In the afternoons I scurry around and try to get odds and ends done. I can manage to wash the clothes but can't ever get them put away. I have Ellie nap in her room and  Audrey nap in mine so I can't ever get in there to put away clothes. I try to get supper prepped while the girls nap in the afternoon.  I try to have an early supper then Tate gets play time with either Brett or I while the other one tries to do dishes or tend to the babies. My mom has been a lifesaver. The girls were super fussy in the evenings and so she started coming over every evening to help. She does my dishes and washed bottles so we can get to bed sooner. Without her we would not be able to give Tate as much one on one time.  Then we do it all again the next day. 


I changed Audrey this morning and realized I put a size 5 diaper in her in the middle of the night. Ellie slept in her crib last night. 







No comments:

Post a Comment